How to lock the bedroom door from outside? It’s a question that most people don’t think about. But those who do, know how important it is to keep their personal space private and secure.
There are many ways how you can keep your home safe but the easiest way is by locking your bedroom door from the outside! Here’s how it’s done without using something fancy like security door bars – which are also a great and cheap option FYI!
-Find a long object such as a broomstick, chair or table leg and stand on one side of the door with it against the wall. -Use another object – like a book – to prop up one end of the stick/leg so that it stands upright on its own. -The other end should now be propped against the handle on your inside of the door. -Hold your end firmly against the handle as you push down on the other end with your foot, and lean inwards to turn the knob at the same time. Keep applying pressure until you hear a ‘click’. -Keep holding it down for about 10 seconds before letting go of the stick. -Test how sturdy your makeshift lock is by trying to open the door – it should be difficult, if not impossible, to do so without the key.
There you have it! A quick and easy way how to lock your bedroom door from the outside using everyday objects. And remember, even if someone does manage to break in, having a sturdy lock will at least buy you some time.
This article will share how to lock bedroom door from outside. It starts with how the latch works and how it is installed. Next, we cover how to install a chain for additional security. Finally, we look at how one might use a padlock as an alternative method of securing their bedroom door from the outside. We hope you find this information useful!
Here are the top things you should consider:
- how to lock bedroom door from outside
- how to install a new lock on your bedroom door
- how to drill holes in the door frame for the screws that will hold the new knob
- how to screw in the knob and tighten it with a screwdriver
- how to replace old hinges with new ones if you’re not satisfied with them
- how many locks are needed for one door, depending on whether or not you want privacy or security – 2 is standard but 4 is recommended for better protection
- what type of locking mechanism should be installed (knob, lever, push-button) – knobs are cheaper but levers are more convenient because they don’t require much strength to turn
- how to keep your door shut with a dowel – drill holes into the door frame and screw in the dowels, then slide them into place underneath the door knob
- how to fix loose hinges if they are knocking noisily against the wall behind the door every time you open or close it
- how to disguise a keyhole on the outside of your door so that potential intruders can’t find it and use it to unlock your door
Making sure your bedroom is secure is vital, whether you’re home or away. Here are some tips on how to lock your bedroom door from the outside:
- Install a new lock on your door
- Drill holes in the door frame for the screws that will hold the new knob
- Screw in the knob and tighten it with a screwdriver
- Replace old hinges with new ones if you’re not satisfied with them (this is good advice for how to lock bedroom door from outside as well as how to lock any door in your home)
- Install a locking mechanism (knob, lever, push-button), depending on how much strength you want to use to turn the knob
- If you’re using a lever or push-button locking mechanism, make sure there are enough locks on the door so that it can’t be opened from the outside
- If you’re using a knob, how many locks are needed for one door depends on how secure you want it to be – two is standard but 4 is recommended for better protection
- Keep your door shut with a dowel by drilling holes into the door frame and screwing in the dowels, then sliding them into place underneath the doorknob
- Fix loose hinges that are knocking noisily against the wall behind the door every time you open or close it
- Disguise a keyhole on the outside of your door so that potential intruders can’t find it and use it to unlock your door, using magnets or a piece of metal that can be slid over the hole to cover it up.
With these tips, you can rest assured that your bedroom is safe and secure, no matter what. For more information on how to lock bedroom door from outside, visit our website today!